[Market-farming] customer/vendor ratio at FM's

Lucy Goodman goodows at infinet.com
Wed Feb 2 05:33:48 EST 2005

I am posting this for a friend, fellow market
farmer and FM council member who for some
reason cannot post to this list
Lucy Goodman

Hi,  I generally read and learn from this
list and now I'm looking to learn something
specific.  I am a small grower and part of a
newer farmers' market in Oxford, Ohio.  This
will be our second season.  As we look to
expand, and as a member of the council, I am
looking at the customer/vendor ratio for
successful markets.  If you have, and are
willing to share, the following information
-- 1) average number of vendors; 2) average
number of customers-- I would greatly
appreciate it.  I know the numbers change
throughout the season and will be taking that
into consideration.  Please feel free to
respond off list if desired.  Thanks for all
the great information I glean from here.

Suzie Marcum
Salem Road Farms
Liberty, Indiana