[Market-farming] Market Legal Problems -- Assistance Requested

Sue Oberle sue at oberlebotanical.com
Fri Oct 29 17:00:00 EDT 2004

Matt -

I sit on the board of directors for our Farmer's Market. I wish I had a
nickel for every permit, variance, letter, insurance form etc. that
we're required to get. Pain as it is, I'd suggest that you just go ahead
& do what they want you to do. Personal experience says there's no point
in even trying to fight, and down the road (especially if your market is
successful & grows) you'll need all the good will that you can muster
with those "in charge".

Nothings ever simple anymore, is it?

Sue Oberle
Oberle Botanical

So my question is this:  has anyone else experienced similar trouble and
what did you do about it?  Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to
what to do next, I'm all ears.  Feel free to ask more questions if I
haven't been clear enough on certain points.  I've cc-ed out market
manager on this email just in case you want to talk to her instead.

Thanks, y'all!  Happy growin'!

Matt Cheselka
Cosmic Lettuce