[Market-farming] garlic

SaladG at aol.com SaladG at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 12:51:20 EDT 2004

In a message dated 10/24/04 8:53:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
mf at austinfarm.org writes:

> We are still about a month away from our first freeze.  Highs have been
> in the 90s; lows in the 70s.  Lowest low, a couple of weeks ago, was 48.

October 2 it went a low as 25 degrees so here in the River Valley in western
Iowa, we have been toasted really good for this year.  The only thing that is
still our there are the brussel sprout, pumpkins, and squash.  We have had so
much squash this year I haven't been able to only get a small portion of it
sold.  The ground is still just covered with them, and we have been picking for
almost two months.  Best crop I have ever raised in all the years of growing.
We have corn doing 250 plus per acre this year as a norm,and for dryland corn
yields this is really, really good.  What a great year for growing.