[Market-farming] Chives

Adriana gutierrez-lagatta at charter.net
Sun Oct 24 12:08:33 EDT 2004

Chives,
I'm looking into the possibility of growing a significant quantity of chives
for a wholesaler.  Does anybody have experience with some of the different
varieties available?  The claims from the seed companies are somewhat
nebulous.  Important considerations for me:
-  Initial time from seeding to first harvest
-  Grow-out time between harvests - summer, winter
-  Brown tips on  previously cut ends
-  Market preference relative to size of leaf
I did some proloonged web plowing on this subject and came up with very
little...

Adriana