[Market-farming] luffa

Leigh Hauter lh at pressroom.com
Sun Oct 17 19:58:20 EDT 2004

besides Bill O'Reilly's luffa fantasy that's got him into a law suit,
I have a luffa question -

We have a CSA and our last week is coming up this week but out in the
field we have a crop full of large luffas that haven't even started
to turn brown yet. I'm pretty sure we planted the seedlings 120 days
ago.

The question is, can we pick these green and give them to our
shareholders and tell them to let them dry?  Will they dry if picked
green or will they rot?  I sure would like to give them out in this
week's share.