[Market-farming] Washignton DC herb growers

Adriana gutierrez-lagatta at charter.net
Thu Oct 14 14:43:23 EDT 2004

Hi Judy,

As long as the ground is not frozen you can plant herbs.  The problem will
be finding plants locally!  THE number 1 grand-daddy of herb growers in
Washington, DC.  DeBaggio Herbs is in Dulles and maybe they still have a
small operation in Arlington.  When I lived in Arlington they would usually
shut down in July or August and not open back up until spring.  It's been
years, but if you wanted a place where you could pick up say 20 different
varieties of basil, DeBaggio is the place...

You can still order plants from some nurseries outside the state but even
the ones in the south will be scaling back their inventory drastically.
Except of course for Florida growers who are in the prime of their second
growing season for the year.

What herbs are you looking for?

Adriana