[Market-farming] Tomatoes after tomatoes?

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Sun Oct 10 06:40:54 EDT 2004

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 07:40:08AM -0400, Allan Balliett wrote:
> Dear fellow farmers:
>
> I'm stressing right now on where to plant the rye/vetch for next
> year's tomato patch. I know I've heard that 'tomatoes love tomatoes'

I have NOT heard that "tomatoes love tomatoes".  I have had poor tomato
crops that I attributed to poor rotation.  I try to plant
tomatoes/eggplant/peppers/potatoes no more often than every third year
on any patch.

Like all things agriculture, it's more art than science, more guessing
than knowing.

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Good Health: the slowest way to die