[Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 22, Issue 24

sora at coldreams.com sora at coldreams.com
Sat Nov 27 16:50:52 EST 2004

>. Working
> Hispanic people is no cheaper than working anybody else. We pay our
> workers
> from $6.50 - $8.00 hour. But they will do the work.
> I've spent many winters in Northern Mexico, where the people are still
as sweet as can be.  The minimum wage is about $.50/hour and the skilled
worker is lucky to make $15 a day.  I worked with several scientists
down there and even with Master's Degrees they were lucky to make $4000
per year.
 American wages become mighty tempting, like enough to risk their lives
trying to cross the desert on foot.......