[Market-farming] Clay

Marie Kamphefner kampy at grm.net
Fri Nov 26 20:02:38 EST 2004

Regards to the list:

Speaking of growing things in the desert:  I wonder if it's possible to
garden in the area of Sierra Vista, Arizona?  It's southeast of Tucson,
not far from the border.  I understand it is up in the mountains so it's
not so hot.  I suppose I could check with their county officials, but
wanted to ask here first.

Marie in Missouri

> I've got sand 30 feet deep and would kill for a bit of your clay!  I
once got to tour some ancient garden beds on Hopi. Red rock stone faced
raised beds built up on top of clay irrigated with a drip from natural
cave springs.  Growing peaches and watermelons in the desert....