[Market-farming] Hard soil inside the High tunnels

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Wed Nov 24 12:20:06 EST 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:51:14 -0600, you wrote:

>Yes, and with high tunnel technology getting "ramped-up" in the US, the
>research we really need is in cover crops and other soil building.  We all
>know the growing part works, but those of us who are seasonal outside, need
>more information on building soil when growing year-round.  What crops are
>best in the close confines - give us the most in the least time, and are
>easy to incorporate with hand tools or small tillage (tiller).

I think that what I am getting from this discussion is that
I'll use containers inside my hoophouse (presently partly
built, but at least it's started).

I was leaning towards containers anyway, because of the
extreme difficulty of working with our 100% clay [you could
make pottery with it] so-called soil.

Pat
--
Coming soon:  www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful