[Market-farming] QUESTION: High tunnels

robert schuler sunnfarm at bellatlantic.net
Tue Nov 23 09:42:55 EST 2004

A lot of farms in my area are using Haygrove tunnels unfortunately they
can not be used in winter.
Penn state together with Rutgers U. in NJ. have done some of the most
extensive research on building and growing commercially viable crops in
hoop houses. I hope some of you got out to the field demonstrations last
summer.
I don't know if this data is available on line but Penn state has a
great report called the 2003 Crop Review that was one of the hand outs
at last summers meetings. It covers many vegetable, cutflower, greens,
garlic, and brambles and how they performed in tunnel culture.Call them
up and get a copy. ..Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.