[Market-farming] seeder

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Mon Nov 22 17:16:53 EST 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:10:57 -0500, you wrote:

>I'll try to paint a word picture, because I have seen this but not built it
>yet - a this winter project.
>
>Get two pieces of plexiglass, at least one fairly non-floppy. Lay them on
>top of each other, over your flat. Drill holes through both to line up one
>hole per cell. Keep the holes small - size for one seed, so yes we will
>probably want several sets. I think the bottom sheet can have large holes,
>and needs to be firm enough to not sag, and just have different top sheets
>for different seeds.
>
>Anyway, the way it works is to slide the sheets so the holes are not lined
>up. Sprinkle seeds on top and tilt it up and down to distribute the seeds.
>Yes, we need a little frame, which can have a groove to slide the top sheet
>in. After the seeds have dropped one per hole, pour the extras off, so the
>frame needs to have an opening, put the thing over the flat and line the
>holes up. The seeds drop through the bottom holes into the cells.

I think this is beyond my ability to make (or my husband's).
Thanks anyway!

There are some fairly expensive ($30, IIRC) gadgets out
there.  Maybe someone has used one and can report on them.

Pat
--
Coming soon:  www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful