[Market-farming] QUESTION: High tunnels

Willie McKemie mf at austinfarm.org
Mon Nov 15 09:20:16 EST 2004

On Mon, Nov 15, 2004 at 08:06:54AM -0600, Bill Shoemaker wrote:
> You might want to consider plastic covers permanently and irrigate with drip
> underneath. Florida vegetable growers are adopting this and finding reduced
> disease problems/better plant health and greater productivity and quality.

That piqued my interest.  Rain and wet conditions have mostly ruined
our late tomato crop; we are picking ~5 boxes at at time off of an area
that might be expected to produce 30-40 boxes per picking.

I wonder how long the Florida tunnels are?  I'm guessing that heat
buildup will limit the length.  I wonder how they handle spraying?

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Good Health: the slowest way to die