[Market-farming] Mild fall weather?

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Mon Nov 15 07:13:11 EST 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 18:27:17 +0000, you wrote:

>Regards to the list,
>
>Is anyone NOT experiencing mild fall weather this year?

We are not having a mild fall here in Northern Pennsylvania.

First killing frost:  September 19.  Second killing frost:
September 20.  Then it warmed up again for a bit.

In November, we've already had snow twice (enough to cover
the ground), plus other various snow showers.  It's been
really cold, we've had nights in the very low teens, maybe
even one in the single digits.  I think our furnace has come
on more this November than any other November we've lived
here (this is our fourth fall here).  Its just been plain
COLD for this time of year.

One year, my chard lived until early December.  This year,
it's been winter-killed already.

Pat
--
Coming soon:  www.containerseeds.com - vegetable, herb,
and edible flower seeds especially selected for successful