[Market-farming] Mild fall weather?

SaladG at aol.com SaladG at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 13:47:13 EST 2004

In a message dated 11/14/04 12:28:24 PM Central Standard Time,
kenbez at hotmail.com writes:

> We had similar weather last fall

Our weather has been nice to say the least.  It does get pretty cold (below
20) every nite but it has warmed every day to the 50's which has really made it
nice to get a lot of fall work done in the gardens.  Been able to get all the
plastic lifted this fall and all the beds seeded for spring.  Some beds I
seed Oats and mostly winter rye, which can get to be a problem with regrowth in
the spring after tilling, but it is still the best ground cover for quick
growth in the fall after planting, to keep things from blowing around all winter.
We have had some really nice rains lately which will really help to get things
going in the spring.

Phil from SW Iowa