[Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 18, Issue 32

Roger Weeks rjweeks70 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 26 12:06:31 EDT 2004

Hi Wendy -

Do you plant the seed potatoes any deeper in September than you would in
the spring?

The reason I ask is that August & September here in NoCal are usually
the hottest months, and doing some reading I find that potato
germination in hot weather is chancy.

I'm wondering if deeper planting will help.  I also read that wetting
the surface of the soil, but not watering deeply, also helps cool the
soil to assist in germination.

Roger