[Market-farming] Eggs in Ohio

Bill Huhman bill at farmerbill.downhomecountry.info
Mon Jul 26 10:51:14 EDT 2004

Oldimin,

My understanding is that, in Ohio, eggs can be pre-ordered and then picked
up at the market without a license, but you can't bring in unsold eggs and
sell them outright. This is true of farm-processed chickens as well.
Furthermore there are temperature restrictions involved. Something like a
maximum of 44 degrees in the cooler and you need to have a thermometer in
there to confirm your temps. Eggs can be freely sold at your farm without
restriction up to a maximum per year which is fairly liberal. I've seen
this info on the Ohio   ag sites somewhere, and it's what the Fairfield
County health inspector is enforcing at the Lancaster market we're part of.
Hope this helps...

Bill