[Market-farming] sorghum-sudan grass as cover crop

robert schuler sunnfarm at bellatlantic.net
Thu Jul 22 16:31:05 EDT 2004

Sudangrass is a summer covercrop, its seeded after harvesting early crops or used on land set aside during the current year for soil building.  I seeded mine about a month ago and its 3 feet tall today. I get my seed in 50 pound bags from my local dealer but the company growing it is Production Plus in Plainview Tx.
Winter grains like rye wheat oats and barley simple won't grow in the summertime...Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.