[Market-farming] Japanese Beetles and Edemame

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Wed Jul 21 15:08:14 EDT 2004

I have the worst infestation of Japanese beetles I've ever seen on my
two beds of edible soy beans. I'm talking about solid masses of
beetles, maybe two thick on EVERY PLANT on two hundred foot beds. By
now, they've skeletized the upper three branches of leaves and seem
to be losing interest in the plants.

I've tried several sprays on them, to no avail. Before I spend any
more time on fidning something that will actually knock japanese
beetles, I thought I'd ask: From your experience, am I going to lose
this crop, or, after the beetles have lost interest, will the beans
still produce? Plants still look perky, but, man!, are they shredded.

-Allan