[Market-farming] garlic harvest work party

Ploughshare gjbrever at midwestinfo.net
Tue Jul 20 14:13:39 EDT 2004

Has anyone ever had a work party out for garlic harvest?  How do you predict when to have your garlic harvest festival in advance?  What week are you planning on for this year?  Have you ever been off, so that the day of the work party, the garlic was not ready?  Last week was the last week we harvested scapes... the tips are now turning brown.  When would be a good date to invite my CSA members up to harvest?  We are in central MN.
--Gary