[Market-farming] Nut Grass - any herbicide suggestions and techniques?

DEE'S PERSONAL STELLA at EC.RR.COM
Mon Jul 19 09:04:13 EDT 2004

Lowe's carries a product called "Image" for nutgrasses.  It can be sprayed over some plants.  It may not be good on vegetable gardens.  Read the label carefully.  I have the same problem in the vegetable garden.  I have decided that getting rid of the nutgrass is a must because gardening under these conditions isn't worth the effort.  So I will wait the appropriate time before planting again.  I figure that if I can get rid of the nutgrass then I can take care of the rest with other products and good old fashion chopping.
Dee
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Craig Gilbert
  To: Market Farming
  Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 10:34 PM
  Subject: [Market-farming] Nut Grass - any herbicide suggestions and techniques?

  I have nut grass thicker than Bermuda grass, and my extension agent says his only suggestion is to move. After 5 years, I am now ready to apply herbicide.

  Anyone have any suggestion as to which herbicide for nut grass, and application techniques/process. In some cases, it is next to trees and shrubs.

  Thank you in advance.

  Craig Gilbert