[Market-farming] Shade cloth for lettuce

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Sun Jul 18 11:27:02 EDT 2004

I'm looking at attaching 48 inch wide shade cloth centered at
2o'clock on 8ft long pvc bows on Edey-style 50ft long raised beds. It
seems to me that getting in to cut and (god help us) weed can become
rather irritating with the shade installed. Anyone have a work around
on this?

Also, I'm interested in installing overhead misting with poly hose
fastened to the hoops. Anyone doing this? What I'm looking for is an
emmiter that will mist heavily in an area about 4ft in diameter. Any
suffestions?

ALSO! (and away he goes!!) I'm interested in sub-soil watering of the
established lettuce (actually, lettuce mix) Does anyone have
experience with buried t-tape? I hear it will work, but it just seems
so unlikely that it really would!! Please share your experience.

Thanks -Allan