[Market-farming] Re: bicycle boxes are Great!!

Mayapple Farm and Gardens mayapplefarm at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 16 22:35:22 EDT 2004

I have a friend who works at a local feed mill.  He
saves the cardboard sheets that line pallets, roughly
4' x 4'.  I have been using them for ground contact
under some ruined alfalfa hay mulch for my tomatoes.
I grew up with traditional row crops that required
cultivation and hoeing, and such I appreciate the look
of clean, bare soil with my crops.  I have to admit
that the time savings of not weeding and the possible
moisture conservation (although this hasn't been a dry
year by any stretch of the imagination) is starting to
make a believer out of me.  My farrier's son works at
a bike shop.  I'll ask him about saving the cardboard.

Kevin

=====
Krystyna L. Prochocki
Kevin L. Strohmeier