[Market-farming] Slow Foods

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Fri Jul 16 07:58:42 EDT 2004

>I really hadn't taken the time to visit their website
>before, but I was pleased with what sounded like a
>nice laid-back simplifying organization.  That was
>until I got to the page with the dues.  As a person
>who tries to live simply, $60 a year puts their
>organization out of reach of my wallet.
>
>Kevin

IT's one of the things about the Slow Food movement that is hard to reconcile.
I do it by knowing they motivating those who do have bucks in their
pockets to be more aware of what is happening ot our food. This, in
turn, is building markets for we who grow.

I think there must be grower rates somewhere, also, since they ARE
very interested in preserving the food supply.

-Allan