[Market-farming] June Bugs

Chuck Mongotrout at mchsi.com
Thu Jul 15 19:55:45 EDT 2004

Thanks.  These bugs are about the size of a quarter, does that sound like a
Japanese Beetle?  I will try the stick and soapy water.  I have been
collecting them in the morning, and killing them, and tossing them in with
my young Guinea Birds.  They love them, but I cant seem to keep the
population down.  Where do they come from?  Do they over-winter, migrate, or
blow in with the wind???

****
These may be Japanese Beetles.  They are everywhere out here (Middle
Tennessee)

At this time I take a bucket with soapy water in the bottom and a stick.
With the stick I hit the branch or leaf and the
beetles fall in the water.