[Market-farming] tropical farming

gillmore at direcway.com gillmore at direcway.com
Thu Jul 1 14:27:41 EDT 2004

I've got a family member who is teaching High School on the island of Roatan, off the coast of Honduras.  We've been talking about starting a school garden there as a way to support education, nutrition, and income.  I'm looking for resources or advice on small scale, intensive, organic farming in the Caribbean tropics. Unlike the single hydroponic farm (lettuce & tomatoes) on the island, I want sustainable model that these kids can replicate at home.

Glen