[Market-farming] RE: Attracting worms

JaMaKaEnterprise at aol.com JaMaKaEnterprise at aol.com
Sun Jul 11 22:12:39 EDT 2004

I have been reading the posts on worms and as a worm farmer I can give you a
few ideas.
First I raise pheretimas of the nightcrawler family. They are bigger than
redworms and smaller then Europeans. I raise them for bait and for the garden as
they are a deep burrowing worm and great for the garden. You can start them
right in the garden or you can use bottomless  buckets or 55 gal trash cans cut
in half. Put them a couple of inches into the ground add pre heated compost or
anything for bedding add moisture and worms. You can feed the worms all your
food scraps except meats, dairy products or grease/oils. They will compost all
you feed them and spread out into the garden and work the soil for you. Their
castings (poop) are the richest fertilizer you can find and all natural. If
anyone wants more info let me know.
MaryKay
So. Ca in the desert