[Market-farming] Increasing flower prices and sales

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Mon Jul 5 09:47:48 EDT 2004

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:36:24 -0400, you wrote:

>I am concerned as I will soon be selling smaller bouquets of zinnias,
>lisianthus, etc,  and I don't want to price them lower than what they are
>worth.  But neither do I want to compost my beautiful flowers.
>
>One obvious solution is to make the sunflower bouquets smaller and lower the
>price--
>what has anyone else done in this situation?

What a shame.  I have no experience (yet) selling flowers,
so I shouldn't answer, I suppose.

But I've read of people selling individual stems of flowers.
Would this be a possibility for you?  Maybe in addition to
your bouquets?  That way, people would have a choice.

But, flowers are an optional item and times are not good,
lots and lots of people are unemployed.  So maybe nothing
would help all that much.

Cheers,
Pat
--