[Market-farming] Shelly's and Wilie's websites

IdleThymeFarm at aol.com IdleThymeFarm at aol.com
Fri Feb 27 11:32:40 EST 2004

I am replying on list because this information may be useful to others. Last
year I had my own site that I quickly created through Register.com. A strong
word of caution. They are very user unfriendly and difficult to update. I was
working this winter trying to develop my own and while I am computer savvy it
was one more thing to do and I have enough of that. I finally decided to turn
it over to someone who designs sites for  living. I was able to trade a CSA
share for the domain registration, hosting fees and design services. He is
available to make changes (usually within minutes) 5 days a week. I provided the
content and he did all the design. I am able to approve everything before he
posts it to the web. It is an easy way to stop on top of things with simply an
email. These services normally cost about $500 - $800 a year but in my opinion
the investment is worth the return. I have already received new business from
the site. Thanks for all the feedback!

Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm and CSA
www.IdleThymeFarms.com

If you would have a lovely garden, you should live a lovely life! ~ Shaker
saying