[Market-farming] comment period on GMO's

Judy & Ernie Duckworth jeduck at midwest.net
Wed Feb 25 21:01:56 EST 2004

I would like the have a copy, too jeduck at midwest.net
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nan Johnson
  To: marketfarming
  Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2004 6:55 PM
  Subject: [Market-farming] comment period on GMO's

      In early Feb., Lucy Goodman alerted us to the opportunity to send comments (via mail or email) to USDA regarding proposed regulations on GMO's (comment period ends March 23rd)

       I have condensed the USDA request for comments into a mere 3 pages, and urge anyone with a spare moment (hah!) to read through it and then send comments.   Email me OFF LIST and I will send you the document (surprisingly easy to understand).

      Remember when the NOP regulations were first proposed by USDA, and over 260,000 people wrote in to say they were awful.  It mattered!  Now we have a chance to challenge Monsanto and cohorts.

      There are a number of short position papers on GMO's that I would be happy to email to anyone not quite sure of how they want to word their comments.  I was shocked to learn how many natural and organic food companies are owned in part by Monsanto - almost every brand that I buy!  I am glad Lucy alerted us to this opportunity to make our voices heard.

  nan johnson
  dancing goats farm
  zone 7b, n. mississippi