[Market-farming] Vinegar for herbicide

Goodaim at aol.com Goodaim at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 07:12:28 EST 2004

Bradfield Natural Fertilizer in Springfield, Missouri carries an OMRI
approved 20% Horticutural Vinegar with Yucca surfactant. We have used the product on
Canda Thistle and Poison Ivy, and I believe it will kill most any weed;
especially if applied on a hot, sunny day. I usually further dilute the vinegar to
about 7-10% acidity and still have had good results. You must thoroughly coat
the foliage. We use a backpack sprayer. You can find Bradfield on the web at:
www.bradfieldind.com.

Aimee Kocis & John Good
Charlestown Cooperative Farm