[Market-farming] Looking to buy wheat and soybeans - Pennsylvania

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Thu Feb 19 09:16:18 EST 2004

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:53:58 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi,
>Sorry, I don't have a source for your Soybeans or grain, but I think you
>would do well to always buy organic.  The reason is that the majority of
>soybeans in the USA are genetically engineered (I believe that companies
>have GM wheat ready to go,but have not released it yet).  This is VERY
>dangerous food.  If you don't believe me, you should read "The Seeds of
>Deception" by Jeffrey M. Smith.  Anyone with health problems (but really all
>of us) should do all they can to avoid GM products.

The soybeans I am presently buying are non-GMO, although not
organically grown.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/fftosteds-store/30pounnonlau.html

They're very nice soybeans, too, and make lovely soymilk and
tofu.  But I would prefer to buy from a grower closer to
home.

Philosophically, I prefer buying locally whenever I can -
and of course the freight charges would be lower too.

Pat