[Market-farming] Hours of light

Joan Vibert joan at windwalker-farm.com
Wed Feb 18 10:22:57 EST 2004

> is the nighttime warmth
I have all of the tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants on sand beds with heating
coils underneath and they stay between 65º to 70º all the time.  I germinate
on heat mats at 80º - so I'm not worried about them being too cool - it was
some of the cooler germinating seeds that I was trying to keep around 50º.

Thanks for the good information on light - that's what I've always read and
it was why I was worried about the onions dropping from 16 hours to 11 1/2 -
but its a done deal now.  They are in the hoophouse - it was in the upper
40's yesterday and suppose to hit 60º today - I'm hauling everything up to
our unheated greenhouse for the day.

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, Kansas