[Market-farming] germination mats

Wiediger, Alison awiediger at HART.k12.ky.us
Wed Feb 18 10:10:42 EST 2004

Bob, it depends upon the transplant.  They're not in a greenhouse? Get light
on them ASAP - it's amazing how fast they'll stretch!  We keep warmth loving
things like tomatoes and peppers on them until we have to have the space for
another flat - helps root growth.  Cool loving stuff, we get off when most
of the flat is germinated so we can use the mat for other things.  Right
now, in our heated greenhouse (cool, but heated), we have 6 mats going (54
flats) and another 20 or so flats already off the mat.  The mat doesn't use
a lot of electricity, I'd leave it on and use the lights.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm