[Market-farming] Recommendations on DR Field and Brush Mower

CASTENS at peoplepc.com CASTENS at peoplepc.com
Mon Feb 16 09:31:26 EST 2004

Lisa, I've never used a DR mower, but 15 acres of overgrown pasture is a
HUGE undertaking with a walk-behind anything.

There are so many other jobs a tractor can help with besides mowing --
tilling, hauling logs, drilling post holes, raking/baling/hauling hay, ad
infinitum -- that it's hard to imagine that you wouldn't soon find yourself
buying the tractor anyway.

As for the hilly terrain: Make sure if you buy a tractor that it has a
rollover protection system (ROPS) and wear your seatbelt. Serious injuries
or death can take a lot of the fun out of farming.

Strictly my opinion: If it's too steep to mow, it's probably going to erode
quickly under hooves.

Errol Castens
Oxford, Mississippi