[Market-farming] Broccollini

Dcimmarr at aol.com Dcimmarr at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 10:38:02 EST 2004

I am not toatally sure but I think the way the seed deal works is: The
person(company, etc) that comes up with a new seed (plant, etc. ) patents it and
then has the rights to that seed for a specified number of years. During that
time, seed is not readily available except to selected growers...in order to make
a profit return on the expense it took to get the final seed. I believe that
time frame is ten years, but dont quote me on that. Before that time, I doubt
you would find seed commercially available.
Denise