[Market-farming] Staking tomatoes

IdleThymeFarm at aol.com IdleThymeFarm at aol.com
Thu Feb 12 18:13:02 EST 2004

This is exactly the method that I use in windy southeast Wyoming. I use old
wire highway fence to make my tomato cages and I find a 55 gallon drum liner
fits down over the cages perfectly and can be kept in place with a few
clothespins. A bit labor intensive but saving grace from hail and cold temperatures.
Although this year it looks like I will be trialing tomatoes in a high tunnel!!!
I cannot wait.

Oh and Bill, I had the opportunity to hear someone speak this last week that
I believe you know, Mr. Lynn Clarkson. What an inspiring man!

Shelly Elliott
Idle Thyme Farm and CSA
www.IdleThymeFarms.com

If you would have a lovely garden, you should live a lovely life! ~ Shaker
saying