[Market-farming] Donations as a promotion for your farm

jjvaughn at juno.com jjvaughn at juno.com
Thu Feb 12 17:53:21 EST 2004

What do most of you do about donations to silent auctions, benefits,
drawings, and that kind of thing?  We've tried to work with friends and
customers when they ask for support,  but haven't had that much luck
turning the recipients/bidders into customers.  We normally do $10 to $25
in Rocky Glade products(veggies and meat) and many are never even cashed
in or if they are returned, it's much later in the season than you would
expect.  The people that do actually cash them in haven't been seen
again.

Is this par for the course or are we due for a "real" customer.  What do
most of you do when asked for a donation?

Jim

Jim and Julie Vaughn
Rocky Glade Farm
Eagleville, Tn