[Market-farming] Indoor Germination Tables

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Mon Feb 9 17:34:27 EST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 16:49:05 EST, you wrote:

>I looked into having metal trays custom -made, but the price was very 
>prohibitive. Anyone know of a plastic tray or company that might make one, which we 
>could use to cover the whole table and water from the bottom? Anyone have any 
>other ideas to create a system in which we could water from the bottom, so we 
>are not always watering our basement floor as well?

I buy plastic flats - the usual 22" x 11" flat size -
*without* drainage holes.  I get them at Agway - farm and
feed supply store - $0.99 each.  

They would work, but you'd need to put water in each one

Mellingers carries them online, and probably a lot of other
firms do also.


'Permanest' plant trays are no doubt better, but very
expensive.  You might want to Google for them, though.  A
lot of the seed suppliers sell them.


More information about the Market-farming mailing list