[Market-farming] Staking tomatoes

Lucy Goodman goodows at infinet.com
Mon Feb 9 08:25:29 EST 2004

Allan got to the market farming website and
look up Hoophouse. there you find a nice
article with pictures on the hoophouse my
husband designed and we can build for under
$350 with no power tools. We have been using
these hoophouses for the past 4 years.

The stakes we pick up at farm auctions or TSC.
And about 2/3 were already on the farm and we
have dated them to 1903. maybe in the past
they made longer stakes. I know they made
them stronger as some of the 100+ year old
stakes are doing much better than modern
fence stakes.

Lucy Goodman
Boulder Belt Organics
New Paris, OH
Check out the Boulder Belt website:
"There is no way to peace---peace is the way."
A.J. Muste