[Market-farming] Staking tomatoes

Robert Farr rbfarr at erols.com
Sun Feb 8 13:52:41 EST 2004

Are you staking individual plants?

We place stakes every 10 feet or so and run twine along the rows.
Stakes are 5' tall; by the time they're pounded in they're about 4 1/2
feet.  We string three strings; the tomato branches just lay on them -
plenty of support, no problem w/ them hitting the ground, etc.

--
Robert Farr
The Chile Man

*  A sustainable farm producing hot sauce marinades, salsas, mustards,
and barbecue.
*  Subscribe to our online newsletter at http://www.thechileman.com
*  Check out this article about us from The Washington Post:
   http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/food/A8659-2001Jul17.html
*  Open Houses and Farm Tours throughout the year.  See our web site for
details!