[Market-farming] Solar Powered Inflation fans?

Wiediger, Alison awiediger at HART.k12.ky.us
Wed Feb 4 10:01:25 EST 2004

Allen,

We only have double inflated plastic and think it is very important for our
winter growing.  If nothing else, it allows us to not have to have an inner
layer over each bed - which saves us the labor of taking it off and putting
it back on for weeding, harvesting, etc.  That said, we will be trialing one
layer on our new tunnel, just to see...

Sean Clark at Berea College in Kentucky has a high tunnel with an inflation
fan using a solar panel.  I'm sure he'd be glad to give you specs and
sources.  It seems to me it was pretty expensive to set up compared to our
$5.00/year of electricity to run ours, but sometimes electricity isn't
available.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm