[Market-farming] Solar Powered Inflation fans?

Allan Balliett igg at igg.com
Wed Feb 4 06:38:46 EST 2004

I'm looking for a source for a solar powered inflation fan for the
hoophouse I'm installing in the next couple of weeks. I'd love to
find something that is sold as a package, but, aside from that, I'm
looking for an appropriately low amp 12volt squirrel cage fan that
can be adapted to inflating the plastic.

I guess I'm also looking for a good source for solar gear. Suggestions?

While I'm at it, I should ask 'how many are inflating double layers
now and how many are going with single layers'? Steve Moore, the
ultimate 4-Season guru, told me that he's seen a vast difference
between his single layer house and his inflated house this season and
will no longer suggest single walled houses. (Seeing a 10degree
difference inside the row covers on cold nights!)

What's your experience?