[Market-farming] Combine's

Pat Meadows pat at meadows.pair.com
Fri Oct 31 10:16:48 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 07:20:08 -0700, you wrote:

>I see a growing, broad-based rebellion against that oursourcing and
>unemployment. Pat, my theme is, the Big Secret of making a livelihood and
>living cheap is local production for local consumption. It works because it
>bypasses the middlemen who all have to get their cut, from supermarkets to
>car dealers, from realtors to shipping lines. Buying local food is the Next
>Big Thing. But it's only the beginning of Buy Local.

If, indeed, there are enough local farmers still existing
for it to be a big thing..... it doesn't seem that way to
me.

I live in a fast-dying agricultural area (dairy farming), so
maybe I get a distorted view.

But gosh:  every week there's at least one farm auction here
because someone has given up, or died and the children don't
want the farm, or gone bankrupt.  It's really sad to drive
around this area and see all the dead farms.  :(

Pat