[Market-farming] local food

Hook Family guldann at ix.netcom.com
Fri Oct 24 16:51:14 EDT 2003

I must add another good reason for buying local, land preservation.  Keep
the farm in business and it stays agricultural.  If as we have debated on
this list  an increase in local food production becomes NECESSARY due to
increased fuel costs it would be nice to have land left.  And not just the
land but the farmers and their knowledge.
Beth

 I don't think the debate should be framed in terms of local or organic