[Market-farming] Whole grains and small scale grain production

robert schuler sunnfarm at bellatlantic.net
Fri Oct 24 10:34:15 EDT 2003

Pat.  You will be pleased to know that the overwhelming majority of subsidies
are going to small and medium sized farms. The reason you don't hear much about
it is because news like that doesn't sell newspapers. Go to the USDA site and
check out the Farm Services Agency page, you will find many programs that assist
the smallest of farms.
Another use I have found in growing grains like wheat and barley is that they
allow me to breakup the insect disease and weed cycles that buildup in constant
vegetable production. Phytophtora rot in particular...Bob.