[Market-farming] CSA containers

sora at coldreams.com sora at coldreams.com
Thu Oct 23 16:10:29 EDT 2003

> I am juggling with what kind of container and packaging I should sell my
> produce to my subscription costumers.I am new at this,but I want it to be
> pretty and appealing to the eye.What are you selling and delivering them
> in?Any suggestions?
> Thanks Andrea
> I've been using 1/2 bushel wooden harvest baskets that I picked up for a
good price at montepkg.com.  When they get dirty, I just rinse them out
with a hose and let them dry in the sun.  I pack each one with a 1/2 gal
plastic milk jug of frozen water.  My delivery vehicle is a pickup with
a canopy.  The space is terrific but in the peak of summer it gets real
hot so even with the ice, I also cover the baskets with clean wet
towels.  This keeps dust off and the evaporative cooling keeps
everything fresh.  I have 2 for each subscriber and pick up the empty on
delivery...
                              Sora at Paradise Valley Organics