[Market-farming] Re: Draft animals

Mayapple Farm and Gardens mayapplefarm at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 14:39:43 EDT 2003

Paul, I use horses for about 80% of my farm work.  As
I get better acquainted with my own abilities, I'm
hoping to make that around 95%.

There are quite a few advantages and disadvantages of
using horses or oxen, but both can be used equally
well for farming.  If you have more than just a
passing interest in this, I would recommend a website
called
http://www.ruralheritage.com
There is a quite informative and entertaining
discussion forum called the front porch.  Several MODA
members are participants.  In the US, oxen seem to be
especially favored in the New England states.

Kevin