[Market-farming] Re: Compost

Judy & Ernie Duckworth jeduck at midwest.net
Mon Oct 20 22:31:09 EDT 2003

Neal
Thank you for this information. I'm getting ready to set things in motion to compost enough to apply to an acre with about 20 to 30 cu. yd. of compost for an alternative strawberry production on compost instead of methyl bromide. I pulled off the net about such an experiment done in N. C. We got a small patch out this fall by using the cow manure from last winter. Not much science used this year. The berries are looking very good right now and the weed pressure isn't to great. We sowed annual ryegrass in the center and it is really growing, have to mow it off almost twice a week.
Ernie