[Market-farming] Gourds

Vic & Pat Jackowsky 3littlepigsmkt at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 18 20:41:30 EDT 2003

>>Your mention of swan gourds got me curious.  How many of you grow/sell ornamental gourds and do you find you have many customers for them?>>

Yes, absolutely!  We are in North Mississippi and they sell very well here.  We grew the Swans, Caveman, and smaller ornamentals this year and we have already sold out. I guess, in all we planted about 1/2 acre which made lots and lots.  Our swans sold for $4, caveman $3 & $4 and the ornamentals ranged from 75 cents to $1.25 ea.  We'll definitely plant more next year.

Pat